Thursday, August 7, 2008

A whole week later...

It's been a week since I arrived in this place and I'm starting to feel something that resembles settled. I still lack a proper bed and dishes and things but overall.. I'm pretty set!


Yesterday was our last day of Orientation and so the school took us on a city tour, which was fantastic! It was a fun day going around to various places in the city and stopping for weinerschnitzel, coffee and cake and then of course German be-verages.


I am falling in love with this city!





Today I met the rest of the staff and I'm happy to report that I'll be working in a fabulous English Department. It's a great team. The other teachers are so supportive and friendly and helpful and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from them. It seems like such a positive and upbeat place that is really focused on the students and I'm thinking I'm going to fit in well and be very happy here.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That is great to hear you are settling in! Love your pictures of the area. I am sure it is so neat of an experience. Sounds like your teaching team will be wonderful.