Saturday, September 6, 2008

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Life has been going very well these days. I am loving my job and happily the only thing I really dread about Mondays is getting out of bed a little earlier. I find myself wondering: "what's the catch here?" Maybe I am in the 'honeymoon' stage of life in Germany but maybe this is just a really good place for me to be right now. I'm going with the latter.

I am frequently reminded of that scene in Alistair Simm's A Christmas Carol where Ebeneezer wakes up and realizes that he has a second chance and is jumping wildly about the room. He says: "I don't deserve to be this happy!" That's me these days. 

There are little things that go wrong but even those little things work out. I accidentally locked my keys in my apartment on Monday night but with the help of a few good neighbours and a locksmith.. I got back in. That is one of the most expensive mistakes a person can make here. All of our doors close and lock immediately and to get someone to open them usually costs between 150 and 300 euros. My neighbours found a man who only charged me a mere 40. Granted I had more exciting designs on that money but I also didn't want to have to wear my "doing laundry" clothes to school the next day. 

The other really exciting thing is that I have some pretty cool travel coming up. Yes, for my job I "have" to go to Paris in November. Life is hard. All expenses paid. Then I'm also going on a conference a few weeks later in Nice. I think that's nice. 

The last big thing to surface this week is the school's project in Thailand. I have been recruited to co-coordinate the project with a friend of mine. We're taking 9 or 10 Grade 11 students to Thailand for the first few weeks after school finishes in June. As one of the coordinators, my trip has been covered by the school. We're doing some pretty awesome work there too! I'll write more when I know more but it's back to SEAsia for me!

So that's where we stand at the beginning of September. I also did book my Christmas flight so I'll see you Canadian people in December! 

God is good!


3 comments:

Kellie said...

You know, I think how everything is falling into place continues to show how the Lord led you to Germany. He is holding you up with His hands and helping you through all parts of this move.

I am happy for all of your travels! What great experiences you are having!!

Mike Wilkins said...

Thanks for including London Ontario on your list of exotic places to which you are travelling!

Barbara said...

First: darn you for getting that song stuck in my head.

Second: I am now looking forward to December.

Third: Please post photos of Paris! You being my kindred spirit will almost be like me being there.

Fourth: Hurray for God being good and providing for you! I can't wait to see how He is going to use this time in Germany to draw you closer to Him.

Fifth: oxxoxoxoxoxo