I just got back from taking a group of students to a Global Issues Network Conference in Geneva Switzerland. It was dealing with human rights and while I didn't have to do much but make sure the kids were inline.. I actually was extremely affected by it. We attended sessions led by major activists fighting for human rights and trying to make a difference in the world. It was great seeing 400+ students being inspired to change the world and to fight for what is right. I thoroughly enjoyed Geneva- what a beautiful city! It was a good chance to bond with a group of students, to inspire and be inspired and to think about what I'm really doing in this world and if I'm actually making any sort of difference.... very humbling indeed.
Jessica of SEAsia moves to NW Europe Yes I'm trading in chaos for efficiency, rice for potatoes and short and dark for tall and blond. (Not that I'm one to label..) I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences and please please please write comments!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
A few days in Geneva
I just got back from taking a group of students to a Global Issues Network Conference in Geneva Switzerland. It was dealing with human rights and while I didn't have to do much but make sure the kids were inline.. I actually was extremely affected by it. We attended sessions led by major activists fighting for human rights and trying to make a difference in the world. It was great seeing 400+ students being inspired to change the world and to fight for what is right. I thoroughly enjoyed Geneva- what a beautiful city! It was a good chance to bond with a group of students, to inspire and be inspired and to think about what I'm really doing in this world and if I'm actually making any sort of difference.... very humbling indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So is it alarming to you that you blend in awfully well with the students? You are looking extremely young, and cool, and hip. Pretty sure I never had teachers like that. Well done!
What a great trip!
Post a Comment