Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dublin.. I love you!

This past weekend I went to Dublin with my friend Kristen. It was my first time in Ireland and I certainly hope it won't be my last. What a great city! I don't even feel like I've really begun to scratch the surface.

Walls are nice for leaning and thinking...
One of the cutest bookshops I've ever been in. Books in English have become a novelty after living in Germany and so Kristen and I stocked up.
Temple Bar area at night...
He's big, hairy and fake.. totally my type... ha!
Kristen and I enjoying Dublin fun! The people we met were so friendly and most of the time we could understand them! Gotta love the Irish accent!
Christ Church... a very impressive church. Also do you know where Handel's Messiah was first performed? In Dublin! I kid you not!

Dublin Castle.. what a place and what stories this building could tell!

I have a thing for quaint cafes. Other than the fact that coffee was available in all sorts of cosy little places, most cafes were filled with people with books and notebooks. There is something in the air in Dublin.. it makes people want to write.

Just a few photos as I'm trying to keep things brief but anytime anyone wants to chat about how much I love this city.. just say the word!

No comments: