This spring I am very happy. Happy in a very content sort of way. I am happy with the way my circumstances have worked out to keep me here for at least another year. The thought of staying on past that is not upsetting in the slightest.
Things at work are going well and the next school year is looking promising in terms of courses I'm teaching and people I'm working with. Plus the more I teach, the more I feel like I know what I'm doing and the more fun it becomes. We will have a new head of department and she has told us that she wants us to teach books we love so that we're happy in our classrooms.. and so.. I have been able to create one of my courses from scratch and that's been fun. Schools with lots of money are so fun!
Also I just moved into a cool little apartment in the city. It's in a really nice little neighbourhood with cafe's and cute shops and only a few minutes walk into the city centre. I find that change is good and this change has been wonderful! I am still in the process of unpacking and getting my new place the way I like it but will post pics as soon as the place is looking presentable.
And then there is my new bicycle! Oh how I love it!
Lastly and sadly, my trip to Thailand has been canceled .. AGAIN.. due to the state of unrest in Thailand and so I am forever to be known as the girl who plans trips that never get taken. I need a new extra curricular activity! The silver lining is that I have changed my flight and so will be spending even longer in Canada this summer! I'm really quite excited about that!
1 comment:
And all of the London Wilkins are also excited about that. See you soon, Jess!
Post a Comment