Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Glimpse of Krakow

I was in Krakow, Poland for the first week of October and it was quite the experience. This is a big church that is one of the city symbols. I say that because it's featured on almost all the postcards and guidebooks. Every hour a little man with a trumpet stands at the top and plays.
This is the big square where everything happens. Many an afternoon was spent sitting in these wicker chairs, sipping coffee and watching the action. People watching in Krakow is highly amusing!

Poland is known for it's vodka.. so I did have to try it.. for medicinal purposes of course!

Poland is also known for it's perogies...

We went on a long walk, through the Jewish quarter and ended up at Schindler's factory.
Krakow at sunset..
Wavel Castle..




Krakow was a lovely old city to visit. The food was great and the people were quite friendly. There were lots of tours to go on and places to shop but also nice places to just hang out and watch the world go by.

As lovely as it was.. I was happy to be back in Duesseldorf!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

My mom makes homemade perogies. You will need to try them and tell me how they compare. You look entirely lovely in every picture here. I am getting quite eager to see you face to face though. We need to do a "Kate and Jess and Barbara" Starbucks trip. missing you.

Kellie said...

Neat place to visit!! I am enjoying your trips. :)

Jessica said...

Barb- I'd love to try your mom's perogies... for research and comparative purposes of course! Thanks for the nice comments and I think the Starbucks trip is a splendid idea!

Kellie - thanks!