Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Brighter Picture..

That last post was a tad depressing! Sheesh! Anyway things are starting to pick up at a remarkable pace. I think aside from blaming hormones, which is so boring, I would blame the fact that I'm not so familiar with the weather changes affecting my moods. After living in a country where it was hot and humid and 33 everyday.. to suddenly be faced with dark, cold days, takes some getting used to. So yes.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Although really, I am loving the fact that I can wear sweaters and drink hot beverages and eat soup without sweating to death. So what's my problem?!?! All is well!

One of my fellow English teachers and I were invited to a colleague's house for dinner last night. It was amazing! So nice to be in a real house and eat real homemade food and sit and chat with her and her husband and kids. It's quite nice because most of my department lives in the same area and so the older ladies watch out for us younger ones.

I'm off to Nice in a few hours for a PD thing this weekend. Should be rather nice in Nice.. yes!

Next weekend my friend is taking me away for my birthday. Germanwings has this fantastic deal going on where for a low low price you get a return flight to a mystery location! You pick a category such as Shopping, Party, Culture or Snow and within each category is a list of 10 possible cities. You enter your details, the dates you want to travel and your credit card info and press confirm and then bam! It tells you where you're going. So... we did it because it's just the coolest idea ever! And.. I'm going to Bologna!

Oh and Christmas Markets start today as well so that's another exciting thing and this time next month.. I'll be home!

3 comments:

Mike Wilkins said...

Ah, good! (and Nice!) When you are happy, I am happy! And here comes December 20th! (Can't wait!)

Barbara said...

that is the coolest holiday thing ever. I want to play that game...someday I'll come to NW Europe and do that. How fun! Anyway, waiting for December too.

Kellie said...

How fun!!! Glad you are feeling better. :)