I know I'll be home in a month and a few days but I just really miss it right now. There is something really comforting about being surrounded by people who have known me for more than 3.5 months. There is something really safe about being surrounded by people who really do care about me and love me. Home is just a good place to be and I miss it.
I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss my parents and my sister (and my brother but he hasn't lived in the same house as me for years). I miss laughing with people who can really make me laugh.
I think that's the worst part about my life; the fact that I am so far from my family. It's one of those things that I feel like I have to explain sometimes. I'm not living over here because I can't stand to be around them. I really do love them and this is the part that makes me sad.. this is why airports make me cry.. this is why I find most Januarys to be depressing..this is why I'm counting down the days til I'm home. (One month and 3 days!) It's strange because I told my parents last weekend that I've been having really boring dreams about home lately. Boring in the sense that they are just dreams where I'm hanging out at my parent's house. In my dreams my mom has just come back from grocery shopping and we're making lunch on a Saturday, or my dad is asking if I've made the tea or we're trying to decide what DVD to rent. Nothing profound.. just life moments. The little moments that I really miss.
What I miss most consistently is what happens after dinner. We make tea.. and we take it into the living room and we sit on the couches.. and usually we all have our places and we drink tea and just talk and it's really really nice. No matter what has happened that day or what will happen later that night.. after dinner tea has a way of making everything seem okay.
Anyway I will be home soon enough and maybe this is just a case of the mid November blahs but sometimes I need to write an honest post about what's really going on in my head these days.
3 comments:
*sob* I miss YOU! A month and 3 days? That's going on my calendar for sure!
ps. lovely looking cup of tea. We should schedule at least one of those in when you're home. xoxo
Jessie! I miss you too! So looking forward to having you home! And looking forward to more of those life moments with you!
And also - I put in my request for vacation in April. This trip is going to happen!!! (as long as I get granted the vacation.... but should be ok!! haha)
Honesty is good for the soul. We all need those times to be REAL. I know you will be glad to get home again. Hang in there till you do!! :)
Post a Comment