Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coming and Going Yet Again



Well I'm back in Duesseldorf yet again. Hard to believe the Christmas Holiday is over and 2009 has begun! It was a great holiday, jam packed with family activities and catching up with friends and all the busyness that surrounds the Christmas Season.

Seeing as I make it a point to "check in" or "visit" or "recover" in Canada every 6 months or so, I have found that being home helps me clear my head and get a new grasp on "The vision". It helps me stay grounded and remember who I am and who I was before all of this happened. It also helps me gain focus for who I want to be. This is largely contributed to some bi-yearly discussions with my parental unit. I do appreciate the talks and I always come away from being in Canada, geared up for the next stint.

The airport thing is just horrible. As fun as it is to arrive, it's that much more miserable to leave. My Germany departures (all 2 of them) have been far less traumatic than the Indonesia ones but still.. it's sad to say goodbye to my family and friends. However, I have learned that this is all part of my story.

It's just as bad when people who visit us leave though. When I got home I called one of my good friends here who had just said goodbye to her parents this morning. So we had a little catch up conversation and then we each had a little cry and then laughed at each other but also understood that this is part of the way this goes.

So school starts tomorrow and I think I'll be ready... assuming my bags get here.. otherwise I'm going to be an au natural Englishy teacher.. my worst nightmare!

I have high hopes for 2009 and am determined to make this year count in every way possible!

So a Happy New Year to you!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I am happy to know you had a wonderful visit with your family and friends at Christmas. I can understand your feelings of leaving behind everyone in Canada as well as gearing up for the next part of the school year. You're doing a wonderful thing where you are. It is great that your parents give you that "renewal" when you are with them. :)

Barbara said...

Teaching on the fly eh? Well you could just get them to write a paper on "What I did on my Christmas Vacation"

*snort*

I would love to watch you teach. I bet you are brilliant!

Jessica said...

Well I wasn't overly brilliant yesterday. I actually had a few classes write 2 pages on a defining 5 seconds from their Christmas holiday. It's actually a really hard assignment. Such a meanie I can be!