Only three weeks of school left!!!
Jessica of SEAsia moves to NW Europe Yes I'm trading in chaos for efficiency, rice for potatoes and short and dark for tall and blond. (Not that I'm one to label..) I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences and please please please write comments!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Milano, Italia
A couple friends and I signed up for a BlindBooking for our 4 day weekend. One of the airlines here has a special feature where you pick a category: Shopping, Culture, Food, Party and then within each category is a list of 10 potential cities you can visit. Then you put in all your details, your travel dates, your credit card info and when you press Submit it tells you where you are going. We ended up with Milan!
This shot was taken down one of the many beautiful little side streets. It was a beautiful, although extremely hot day and so we took advantage of all the shade we could find!
We visited the Cimitero Monumentale.. or Monumental Cemetery. Now, three girls walking through a cemetery sounds a tad creepy and I was hesitant to spend any more time in cemeteries. I did just come back from Ypres but my friend Kristen talked us into visiting this one and I'm so glad she did. It was really something to see and I'm only posting a few pics from it but each grave is designed in such an interesting way that one could spend days in there. From huge tombs to tiny sculptures, it was truly incredible and one could get totally lost in the experience. We stayed for a few hours but only really saw a tiny part of it.

This is a statue of Leonardo. It's outside the opera house which I'm not posting pictures of because I found it.. in a word.. disappointing.
This is Kristen, Melissa and I taking a wee break.

Duomo di Milano.. the Milan Cathedral. It was really quite spectacular.
Inside the Duomo.


And finally... that gelato is really something! So it was a nice time and a nice city although I wouldn't want to spend more than a couple days there. I think my favourite part was the cemetary because of the potential for great stories. It was fascinating. Maybe when I become an overnight millionaire I'll go back on a shopping adventure but I'm happy to cross that one off the list and continue to explore this big world!
Only three weeks of school left!!!
Only three weeks of school left!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment