Why Hello there! Thanks for checking back here. Since returning to Duesseldorf in August, life has been racing by. I've been busy but happily so and so instead of going on and on about all that is going on.. I'll give you the Top 10 Highlights as of today...
1. New church where I completely stand out yet totally fit in. I found it randomly on the interweb and decided to check it out and suddenly felt like I was "home".. in a very exotic home sort of way.
2. Good, kind friends who are all so different yet so caring. Between my friends from last year and new ones I've made this year I feel surrounded by loving people.. it's a nice feeling.
3. Awesome classes this year. Busy and lively but fun! I'm teaching English to Grades 9,10,11,12 as well as a Creative Writing Elective for Grades 9 and 10. Plus Year 2 is so much easier than Year 1 in a new school.
4. Coordinating Project Thailand this year with some incredible fellow leaders and great kids. This year we'll hopefully be actually allowed to go. I now know what needs to happen to make this a beneficial project for my students and the kids in Thailand and have a great team helping me!
5. Will be attending a conference in Budapest with a favourite colleague in October. Yes.. should be a very Professionally Developing experience with a side of Hungarian Opera and Mud baths...
6. Workshop with my English Department at The Globe in November. This is something I am really looking forward to.. The Globe, 12th Night in Stratford, more musicals, Shakespeare Walking Tours, Dickens Walking Tours.. perfect for a department of English geeks.
7. Taylor Mali is coming to my school in October! Oh yes! He'll be running some assemblies and also working with some classes including my creative writing class!
8. Opportunity to be involved in community theatre as Stage Director. There are still some kinks to iron out in this process but it might be happening.. stay tuned!
9. Excitement of Job Hunting for 2010.. I use the term excitement loosely because really.. what it is is totally stressful and anxiety ridden but at the same time a kind of rush...I love Europe and I love my job but I just can't afford it unless I meet some nice Baron willing to solve all my problems.
10. Contentment of loving my present situation enough that to stay here longer is not a bad option at all... God has been very good to me this year and I feel truly blessed. I am finally able to relax in Him and trust that He'll work out all the details...
2 comments:
Taylor Mali as guest speaker... workshops at the Globe Theatre... professional development and mud baths... my goodness! Is there a job opening...?
As a matter of fact....
Post a Comment