Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh Roma!


A few weeks ago I went to Rome with my dear friend Kristen. It was my first time to Rome and I was blown away by "all that old stuff". Fascinating to see the Colosseum, The Pantheon, and all of the other ruins just dispersed throughout the city. These photos are not mine as Kristen was the one with the super cool camera. Just a glimpse of what I saw when I was there.



The Lonely Planet Rome Guide was our best friend!
Hanging out in the Colosseum...
Wo ist Russell Crowe?
That audio guide was really really annoying! I do not recommend it!
Me and Kristen! Fun times!
St Peter's in the rain, by night... with my red umbrella..
Trevi fountain is beautiful at night..
Well you see.. When in Rome...
We took a day trip to Florence, climbed the Duomo and got promptly soaked when we reached the top.


Sunday Morning in St Peter's Square.. and the Pope giving his blessing.

Combined I think we took close to 500 photos at least and so this is just a mere taste of what happened during that very full week. Should you be wishing to go through them all.. well I can arrange that!


2 comments:

Jeremy W. Johnston said...

They say that if you toss a coin in the Trevi fountain, you are bound to return to Rome... It worked for me! I tossed a lira in the fountain in '94 and ended up back in Rome in '95. To test things out, I didn't toss a lira into the fountain on my second trip and (woe is me) I have never been back to Rome since. I am not sure if it works with the Euro, though. (Besides, it is all providence, anyway...)

Jessica said...

Hi Jeremy, Yes I've heard they say that.. I also heard that if you throw in a second coin you will fall in love and a third coin apparently guarantees you'll marry an Italian. I took a risk and threw in three...
Now we wait and see....
Could make for a rather interesting post.. oiy!