Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's been a while..

Hello!
I've been absent from this thing for ages which is due to many reasons. The main one being that this school year is seeming a tad busier than school years past. Not quite sure what it is but it seems like I am constantly running around and trying to find time to catch my breath. That's a metaphorical statement as I'm usually actually quite relaxed and breathe normally...
Anyway this year has been a good year. I've learned that Year 3 is oft
en the easiest as everything is more routine and less surprise.
A few highlights so far:
Going to East Germany for a week with Grade 11 students.

This is the castle where we stayed.. not too shabby as far as castles go!

A train trip with a new friend to Luxembourg and Heidelberg.
Heidelberg was a definite highlight! Check out the hills, castles and river!

Me and Ms Wong!

Luxembourg was delightfully dull. Very beautiful and clean but not a heck of a lot going on!


A girly musical madness weekend in London with some friends. Chicago "yay!".. Oliver "nay!"
Sunday included a day trip to Hampton Court.. which allowed us to brush up on our Henry the 8th history.

Showing off with all of our tickets!


My dad came to visit for a couple days! Amazing! It was so fantastic to be able to spend time together, to show him my life here and to have a lot of great talking time!

We also went to the DOM in Cologne. It's one big cathedral and nearly impossible to photograph. But this is proof that he was here!

And so now here I am a mere 5 weeks away from being back in Canada for Christmas but it's going to be busy in the meantime. The Christmas Markets open up next weekend, I have a "big" birthday to look forward to and then there is all the regular work stuff (ie. report cards) to get through. Stay tuned...

No comments: