Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What happens now?

It appears that I am developing a bit of a pattern in terms of this international thing. I work at a school for 3 years and then depart for another destination. For a variety of reasons I have decided that this will be my last year in Germany. I need to get a hold on my finances and I'm finding that euros fly out of my hands faster than .. well faster than I can keep track of them. Also I think I am becoming rather comfortable here and if I don't leave now, I probably never will. And so I have put my resume out there, registered for a Job Fair in London in January and started praying about what happens next.

I have my eye on a few good schools and have been having conversations with a couple of them. My criteria is to work for a good school with a good package (ie. paid housing), that will give me the opportunity to save some serious cash and to live in a place with a solid Christian community.

I know where I really want to go but the trick is being open to where God wants me to be. I am learning to trust in His goodness and believe that His plan is the perfect one. This is harder for me than it sounds but day-by-day I'm getting better at trusting Him. Really, what other option is there?

So at the moment the plan is to move somewhere for a couple of years until I'm financially recovered and then move back to Canada to be closer to my family. I figure an 8-9 year break is long enough! I think I have proven my point. Yes, that's my plan but we'll see what happens!

Keep me in your prayers please as these next few months I'm sure will be a wave of emotion.

2 comments:

Dave Theobald said...

Jess,

Nice to have a couple of posts in as many days. Also, love the new format. Looking forward to whileiwasteaching3.

joannawilkins@gmail.com said...

Jessie! Great post! Will definitely keep praying for you through all of this!! Love you!!