Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lesson in the Learning

Lately I have been feeling that God is really changing or preparing me or a bit of both for something. I'm not sure what it is or what He is doing but I have found a new source of hope in Him. I know that He has me here for a reason, and I have made peace with that. I am fully committed to trusting Him and "hanging on for the ride".
It seems as though He has been giving me glimpses of this lesson I'm learning in little things: a Brooke Fraser song, a Josh Garrels song, a few sentences from a L'Engle book, a Psalm, a Piper reading, a heart-to-heart with a colleague who is very much a mentor as well. I am learning about the simple beauty that is found in following God. I am learning that I have made it so much more complex in my mind than it needs to be. I am not denying that following Christ can be completely complex but I am saying that at the same time, He calls us to "trust and obey" and that is something I can do. And so I continue to practice the art of trusting and obeying Him and learning to be content in all circumstances...

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love your honesty, my friend. I've enjoyed watching and hearing about this journey that God has you on. Trust and obey. It sounds hard, it sometimes IS hard, but it's all He asks. I love that you're content to leave it in His hands and trust HIS best plan for you!

Love you and miss you as always.
Kate

ps. You won points with me using a Brooke Fraser song, especially that one!

Kellie said...

{{{hugs}}} God takes us through many journeys but never once does He leave! I am glad to hear you are just "trusting and obeying" in Him. It isn't always easy, but it is always right.

Barbara said...

Brilliant. Yes. yes. and yes. Well said. And great song. Thanks for that.