
Well-- I survived my first year of teaching in Germany! We had the Grade 12 Graduation last night and now it's all over with! Hard to believe that one year has gone by already. Hard to believe that this time last year I had no idea what living in Germany would be like, what my school would be like and how to properly pronounce Dusseldorf... Now I know all of those things!
It has been a fantastic year.. definitely a growing and stretching one but a good one nonetheless. I feel momentarily settled here in Germany and happy at the thought of another year here.
Tomorrow I am off to Thailand for three weeks and then I'll be in Canada for a month. I was supposed to be heading up our schools Service Project to Thailand but at the last minute the director canceled it.. due to the rising political situation or something. He didn't want to risk the students' safety but he doesn't mind risking ours which means that we teachers get to go to Thailand without the students. I was actually quite devastated to have the trip canceled but this silver lining is definitely shining bright! We're planning to pay a visit to the Orphanage/School we were supposed to visit and get things in line for next summer and then well.. we'll be exploring Thailand. I'm quite shocked by how well things have worked out.
So that was Year One! I'm excited to see what Year Two will bring! Happy Summer Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment